Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Writer Hits The Jackpot

Well ok, if like me, you’re not the world’s greatest fisherman in any way, shape or form, you’d also call catching a first bass spearfishing the highlight of recent weeks, months, years maybe. No longer can I be the butt of the (so when did you catch a bass ribbings), it’s finally done, and the success is sweet - the flesh too as 10 minutes later it was on the beach bbq and soon after, devoured. All that was missing was a glass of Chablis and some Jersey Royals.

Anyway so onto the writing. This week has been slow on that front but productive. Instead of writing we’ve been researching. My brainstorming session brought up all sorts of weird, wonderful but mainly morbid things I need to investigate and partake in this week. I should explain for those of you not in the know, which will be about half of the readership of this blog, yes all three of you, that I’m studying an MA in Professional Writing at University College Falmouth, although I’m not there, I’m here, it’s distance learning. Those of us on the course who have opted for the novel route are now beavering away on research for our novels and have all submitted outlines so check out next week’s blog for mine.

It’s been a busy few weeks, working on research, outlines, creating websites, twitter and blog accounts. Enjoy having a nosy around my new website, please become a member and feel free to send me a congratulatory email about that bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment